Spelling Areas your spelling words may be about
- Simple three letter words (consonant-short vowel-consonant)
- Words that start with or end in 2 or 3 letters that we always see grouped together (initial and final consonant blends).
Two (2) consonants are combined together to form only one sound (consonant digraphs and digraph-consonant blends).
- Double consonants.
- Words of many syllables (Simple multisyllabic words).
- Long vowel sounds.
- Two (2) vowels that make one sound or two (2) vowel sounds in one syllable. (Avowel digraph has two vowels that make one sound. A diphthong is two vowel sounds in one syllable.)
- Vowels before “r”.
- Silent consonat
- Soft consonant sounds.
- Verb endings.
- Harder Plurals.
- Prefix and suffix in the same word.
- Compound words.
What makes a compound word activity
- Homophones and commonly confused words.